Our ambulance crew, (graduates of IEK EKAB) are trained to have all the necessary skills to be able to fulfill with the necessary knowledge and sensitivity to the suffering person, offering them with professionalism the maximum attention.
They are the professionals who are the first group approaching and managing the suffering patient at the most crucial stage of his or her life and meeting the patient and his companion needs at all times.
They are highly trained in urgent pre-hospital care and have extensive experience and professionalism to help them cope successfully with any requirements.
The ambulance crews follow continuously education programs aimed at updating knowledge and techniques in the effective and timely treatment of potentially dangerous situations in pre-hospital settings, first aid, patient treatment, psychological support, etc.
- They are certified with the BLS / AED (Basic Life Support & Automated External Defibrillation) at the European Resuscitation Council (E.R.C./www.erc.edu)
- They have attended I.L.S. (Immediate Life Support of E.R.C.) seminars
- They have successfully completed the P.H.T.L.S (Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support) and TRF (First Response Trauma) programs
Emergency measures carried out by the ambulance crew are as follows:
- Control and measurement of vital organs
- Airway safety in emergency situations
- Treatment of injuries, asepsis, antisepsis, attention
- Control of external bleeding
- Immobilize the injured and safe patient transfer
- Insertion of peripheral veins lines and administration of fluids where required
- Preserving the patient’s body temperature
- Basic Life Support (Cardiopulmonary Rejuvenation)
- Apply and use an Automatic External Defibrillator
- Transferring the patient to the appropriate health center with the maximum possible speed, using the acoustic siren and light aids when necessary, always following the road traffic laws